Bakersfield’s Premier Luxury Real Estate Team – Prestige Properties
We spoke with Bart Tipton, founder, and team leader, from Prestige Properties to learn more about Bakersfield’s #1 real estate team with a specialization in luxury real estate and how they can help you find or sell your home.
Tell us about your experience in the real estate industry?
Real estate has always been a passion of mine. I was a pharmacist and business owner for 20 years, and I enjoyed helping others through the pharmacy but felt something was missing. As an entrepreneur and someone that enjoys meeting and helping new people, I realized that being a real estate agent/broker was the perfect match for my personality while meeting my goals as a businessman. Growing another business from scratch and becoming one of the most successful real estate teams in Bakersfield has been rewarding. I, along with my dynamic real estate teams, have closed over 200 million dollars in real estate the past four years.
What separates you from your competitors?
Prestige Properties is Bakersfield’s go-to-team for higher-end homes. Our commitment to extraordinary customer service, proven marketing skills, and ability to manage the sales process effectively make us one of the most sought-after real estate teams in the Central Valley. Our goal is to obtain your desired results with the best personal service available. Team Tipton will not set your project aside while others are completed. Instead, we keep things moving towards getting your home sold or finding your new one.
We amassed a team of intelligent, honest, and hard-working individuals with unique skill sets for problem-solving that benefits you. One of Prestige Properties’ Team Tipton’s best advantages over other agents is having a specialized team for every step. For example, our Transaction Coordinator, Jackie Sorenson, is the best in the business and ensures that all the necessary paperwork and details are taken care of.
What are some new trends in real-estate?
Real estate agents used to be the gatekeepers for potential buyers to view homes. Now anyone can look at homes online. With all the real estate websites available today, we have evolved into a more professional advisor/consulting role that helps our clients make the best decisions. Buying and selling a home is usually the largest transaction someone is involved with in their lifetime. Therefore, having a competent professional present to guide you is imperative so that you can make educated decisions that result in a great experience.
What compliments has your business received lately?
It’s gratifying to hear our clients say how smooth our process was, and how they’re eager to recommend our services to their friends and family. Having our clients realize the amount of hard work that goes on behind the scenes while making their life simplified is also great to hear.
What can people expect during the process of selling their homes?
Putting your home on the market is a big step. Don’t worry! Prestige Properties takes care of everything. By reviewing the items below, you will know what to expect during the process:
1) We will assist you with deciding your asking price, marketing your home to qualified buyers, completing the required transaction documents, and negotiating with buyers who submit an offer to purchase your home.
2) We help you determine the best time to place your home on the market by researching comparable properties, considering current local market conditions, and assessing your reasons for selling.
3) When placing your home on the market, Prestige Properties will help make your home more attractive to potential buyers.
4) Once an offer is made, we will review the offer with you to help prepare a response to that offer. Our strong negotiating skills and knowledge of this process will better help you reach the right agreement.
5) With our assistance, you may accept, counter or decline the purchase offer. This process may take anywhere from a few days to a week, depending on the time deadlines specified in your response to the buyer’s offer.
6) Escrow is opened, and the buyer’s earnest money will be deposited at this time.
7) The buyer will work to satisfy contingencies to the purchase agreement, such as obtaining a property inspection and an appraisal. You will work with your real estate professional to ensure that all of the transaction documents are completed and provided to the buyer for review.
8) When all conditions of the purchase agreement have been met, you will sign all of the closing documents. When the buyer’s lender funds the loan and the mortgage in the home is paid, the transaction is complete!
What else should our readers know about your business?
We pride ourselves on knowing the market we serve and our personal service we provide to our clients is incomparable. Our clients are not numbers, but people we develop a lifelong relationship with that can depend on us to answer any questions that arise in the future.